10/21/14

Review: Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

My rating: ★★★★★
Genre: young/new adult, romance, contemporary
Series: Hopeless #1

Blurb from Goodreads:

Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.

Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been
keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever.


My review:

He tilts his head towards mine and narrows his eyes.
‘‘You have no idea how bad I want to get up that early.’’
He flashes me his dimple-laden grin and I faint. No… literally. I fainted.


This is the first book I read by Colleen Hoover. I knew her books were good thanks to the thousands of amazing reviews. But damn… I wasn’t prepared for this.
This books was so intense! It ripped me apart into million pieces. I never expected this book to be so good. If I hadn’t such a busy week I would have probably finished this book in one or two sittings. It kept me on edge and thinking constantly.

“It's real, Six. You can't get mad at a real ending. Some of them are ugly. It's the fake happily ever afters that should piss you off.”

Sky is a very complex character. I liked her, but sometimes I didn’t agree with the decisions she took (view spoiler). Still, I admire her. She’s been through an insanely rough time. I’m not even going to try to sum up everything… it’s almost impossible.

“Fuck all the firsts, Sky. The only thing that matters to me with you are the forevers.”

This brings me to Dean Holder. First of all: it made me a little sad he didn’t use his first name, Dean. Anyways… I LOVE Holder! I was intrigued with him from the moment Sky met him. I couldn’t get enough of him. He was mysterious and his connection with Sky is so unique.
I liked how they both helped each other understand everything. They were very good for each other. They were very intense yes, but they healed each other in a way no one else could.

“I’ve been looking for you my whole damn life.”

And what they’ve been through together is insane… it completely blew my mind. Sky thought Holder was intense, but I thought the whole book was intense! There were so much myseries and secrets in the beginning. And as all the mysteries where revealed I don’t think I was able to think straight anymore. I was completely shocked (view spoiler). I just stared at that page for a while with big eyes and without taking a breath. I didn’t see it coming AT ALL. And from that moment the book just kept surprising me. Sometimes in the most terrible way, sometimes it the cutest/best way.

“Breckin, this is Holder. Holder is not my boyfriend, but if I catch him trying to break the record for best first kiss with another girl, then he'll soon be my not breathing non-boyfriend.”

Colleen, is one hell of a writer! This will definitely not be the last book I read from her.
I can’t wait to read Losing Hope in Holder’s POV!
By the way: I also liked Six a lot! I would love to find out more about her! Same about Breckin. I wouldn’t mind a book in their POV ;)

“It’s what happens when two people become one: they no longer only share love. They also share all of the pain, heartache, sorrow, and grief.”

PS: I feel like my feelings about this book are all over the place, so I apologize if my review is too vague, doesn’t make sense or whatever :D Describing my exact feelings about this book is…impossible. Just… please… read this book!


No comments:

Post a Comment