9/17/14

Review: Allure by Lacey Weatherford

My rating: ★★★★
Genre: new adult (erotica), romance, contemporary, mystery
Series: Leathers #1

Blurb from Goodreads:

Seventeen-year-old Brooklyn Hall has had her eye on uber sexy tattoo artist, Six Jagger, for a while. There’s only one problem—she’s pretty sure he doesn’t even know she exists. A friend of her older brother, Six is five years older than her. Plus, there’s the pesky fact that he’s had a steady girlfriend for months. Still, even though she knows there’s no chance for her, she can’t seem to let the fantasy go.

Six Jagger has had a thing for Brooklyn Hall since the first time he laid eyes on her a year ago. However, after finding out her age, he wiped her off his list of possibilities. That should’ve been the end of it, but for some reason, he can’t stop watching and admiring her from afar. Happy that he’s successfully maintained his distance, all that changes on the night Brooklyn walks into Inked Edges, asking him for an illegal tattoo. After that, all his carefully constructed barriers come tumbling down, taking them on an explosive ride of lust, passion, and desire.

All’s well that ends well, right? Too bad that wasn’t the end, but merely the beginning…

My review:

I read the Crush series by Lacey and I loved it. Her writing style is very addictive and I wasn’t disappointed with this one either.

“Be careful sweetheart. You’re going to make me fall hard with words like that. Then you’ll be stuck with me forever.”

Hot and sexy guy, Trey Jaggar, meets sweet innocent girl, Brooklyn Hall. Trey, or Six, has a crush on Brooklyn but he kept it secret because of their age difference. Same goes for Brooklyn. She’s almost 18 and he’s 21. It’s legal in Nevada but her dad, they mayor of the town, would never allow it.

“She was my drug. My addiction. My love.”

I loved the storyline and the attraction between them. They age thing didn’t bothered me at all. The little mystery side in the story is very nice. I liked all the characters (except her dad of course). Six is protective, caring and very skilled in you know … *wink* (I loved the strip club scene!)
Brooklyn is also very determinate when she wants something in her life and I liked that about her. She dares to do things and she is always straightforward. She is kind of the complete opposite of me, so Lacey did an excellent job at making me connect with her.

“She spoke to my soul and heated my body like no other. A lifetime spend with her wasn’t long enough. I’d never be able to get enough of her.”

I loved everything about the story and I would have given it 5 stars if it wasn’t for the ending. It was good, don’t get me wrong, but I wished Lacey didn’t skip such a long period at the end. I would have loved to find out more about how everything turned out with the rest of the characters.

“I want to know everything about you. Even the things you think are dumb. I’m not some stupid jealous girl who is going to get upset over people you knew before me. Besides, it’s the people who touch our lives that make us into who we are. So, I should be thanking everyone in your past, because you seem pretty perfect to me.”
So, overall this was an excellent book! Very hot and swoon-worthy. I read this book in one day, so it’s really worth your time! ;) And I cannot wait for December 7th, when the sequel, Submit,  comes out!

View this on Goodreads here.

No comments:

Post a Comment