12/22/14

Review: Forbidden Surrender by Priscilla West

Genre: (new) adult, romance, contemporary
Series: Surrender #1

“What gives you a thrill Kristen?”

The minute I saw Vincent Sorenson, I knew he was trouble. Billionaire. Bad boy. And dangerously sexy. He was everything I craved, and nothing I needed.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t just avoid him. The higher ups at my company decided they needed his business, and I was on the team to bring him in. Vincent Sorenson didn’t seem as interested in business as he was in me, but I knew that was a door better left unopened. If I got involved with him, it would only unearth the pain I spent years trying to bury.

I thought I had it under control, but I seriously underestimated Vincent’s seductive charm and silver-tongue. I would soon find out how delicious it would feel to let myself fall into this forbidden surrender.

My review: ★★★★

*ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange of an honest review*

I’m not going to say I loved the book/characters, but I still enjoyed them! Kristen is a likable character. I liked her little mystery side, so I’m very curious to find more about her past in the next books.

"You're everything I expected and more."

Vincent is OH SO HOT! I loved how Vincent changed a little though the book. He was so sweet and caring, but still sexy and kind of bossy (in a nice way). He made me smile a few times too. He’s kind of perfect… oh what the hell, he IS perfect. Oh man, maybe I AM in love…. By the way: I think I’m starting to like nipple piercings… oh god

“I raised a brow. “So you do listen.”
“When it involves your lips, you have my full attention.”

But put Kristen and Vincent in the same room alone and you have fireworks! HOT fireworks! (The desert-scene was SUPER hot by the way ohmygod) Their attraction to each other is sensible through the pages thanks to Priscilla amazing writing. I’ve only read Reckless and Fearless, and although I liked her writing in those two books, I preferred it a lot in this one. The book is very easy and quick to read. A little short, but there are two other books, so I don’t really mind. I’m definitely started the second one immediately!

“He was something in between. Steadfast in pursuit but adaptable. Charming yet respectful. In other words, complex.”

No comments:

Post a Comment