2/8/15

Review: Vampire Academy, the graphic novel by Richelle Mead

Genre: young adult, graphic novel, vampires
Series: Vampire Academy #1

After two years on the run, best friends Rose and Lissa are caught and returned to St. Vladimir’s Academy, a private high school for vampires and half-bloods. It’s filled with intrigue, danger—and even romance.


Enter their dark, fascinating world through a new series of 144-page full-color graphic novels. The entire first Vampire Academy novel has been adapted for book one by Leigh Dragoon and overseen by Richelle Mead, while the beautiful art of acclaimed British illustrator Emma Vieceli brings the story to life.


My review★★★★

I’m a huuuuuge fan of the Vampire Academy and yes, I even liked the movie. So I was super excited when I finally decided to read this graphic novel!

The story is not as complete as in the actual book (obviously), but it didn’t bother me at all. It was like having a recap of the actual book. I’ve been wanting to reread the 6 books, but you know… rereading 6 books with all the new unread books I have is pretty hard. So this graphic novel was perfect for me! I had my dose of Rose and Dimitri and I’m satisfied :D

Oh by the way, the drawings are BEAUTIFUL!!! Like really really beautiful. Dimitri and Rose are so beautiful! I mean, judge for yourself:



I cannot wait to read the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment